Re: From Documents to Resource?

Subject: Re: From Documents to Resource?
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:44:30 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Hilary Phillips <hilary -at- CYGNUSPR -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 1997 4:57 AM
Subject: From Documents to Resource?

>I am involved in maintaining a raft of documents which all borrow =
>material from each other. I am on the lookout for a way of creating a =
>resource library for the material, which can then be linked into the =
>documents as required. =20

You're suggesting a database metaphor for your documentation set. Try
looking at a database package that integrates easily with MS Word, or look
at a package like Lotus Notes or Folio Views, both of which easily implement
the database metaphor.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com