Re: hardware for Framemaker

Subject: Re: hardware for Framemaker
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:36:35 -0700

I use Framemaker on both MAC and PC (Win95).

Guess what? Equal problems on both (crashes [those nifty little bombs
on the MAC], font issues, you name it).

My preference (and all it is is a PERSONAL PREFERENCE) is Win95 because
I think the GUI is more aesthetically pleasing. My productivity (and
ease-of-use) is the same on both systems.

Moral: Choose the OS you are most familiar with.

And to answer the original question, I am running:

PC -- 32meg of RAM, 6.2gb hard drive, P200 w/MMX.
MAC -- 64mb RAM, 2.4gb hard drive, PPC240.

I have not encountered system limitation problems on either.

Peace to the OS advocates.

Jason
Who Computes Both Ways (while displaying)