Re: hardware for Framemaker

Subject: Re: hardware for Framemaker
From: David Mason <dcm -at- KPCO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:45:43 -0700

Absolutely not! I think UNIX is superior in many many ways..I even run
Red-Hat Linux at home. I wouldnt want to pay for a DEC Alpha or an SGI
though! Im just saying that claiming that a MAC is more stable than a
PC these days is nonsense. When something goes wrong on our MAC at
work(and it does) its a complete guessing game. Turning extensions on
and off, zap the PRAM, who knows whats gone wrong...the machine wont
tell you. PCs are sometimes more complicated but we certainly have an
easier time fixing them.

Id love to go all UNIX but the software isnt there for an affordable
price! I think NT's kernal is getting closer and closer(guess they're
stealing from UNIX too!) but its still no where near the UNIX kernal.

Dave

--
David C. Mason - Knight Piesold LLC
GIS Group