Re: Specifications

Subject: Re: Specifications
From: Catie Easley <ceasley -at- IS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:53:51 -0600

Good luck getting the project leaders to change their minds. Requirements
here are typically written after the project is done! We recently had team
meetings (during the construction phase) to hash out the requirements for a
project. We ended up spending much more time (and the client's money)
gathering requirements after the fact. If we would have captured them before
the design phase the project would have went very smoothly. A project
without requirements will more than likely fail (by that I mean over-budget
and late) if the requirements are not captured up front.