New Mailing List

From: Nathan Taylor <nataylor -at- NMT -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:55:09 -0700

Hello fellow Technical Communicators...

If you are an educator or student in the field of technical communication,
we have an important announcement for you. A new mailing list, STC-LIST,
has just been formed to deal with student needs. We realize that TECHWR-L
may not be the best place for students to ask questions, but we think that a
forum for student discussion is invaluable. That's why we made STC-LIST.

Some topics already discussed on the list include homework questions, job
search questions, internship questions, and grammar problems. The list is
very laid back, however, so if it has to do with students and technical
communication, it's on topic!

If you are a student, please subscribe, and if you are an educator, please
encourage your students to subscribe.

To subscribe, send mail to majordomo -at- nmt -dot- edu with the words "subscribe
stc-list" in the body.

Thanks!

Nathan Taylor
Steven L. Anderson
Students in the TC Program at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and
Technology

| Nathan Taylor |"Our age is past. This... belongs to the younger|
| New Mexico Tech | races now. They have learned to stand on their |
| Socorro, NM | own. They have learned... to understand. |
| USA | Time to let them go." - Lorien, Babylon 5 |