Re: Re[2]: Questions re: previous salary

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Questions re: previous salary
From: "Wittel, Teresa" <Twittel -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:24:17 -0700

Melissa,

I'm assuming you have something to hide about your previous salary or
you wouldn't be making such a point about it. Yes, by all means, if you
got screwed last time, there's no need to TELL anyone about it. And
certainly you would want to avoid making rock-hard statements about your
lowest acceptable wage. Wiggle about and evade direct questions.
Several good suggestions were offered. Tell THEM what you want for the
job and say that you are negotiable based on "desirability" factors.
Keep yourself in market range (a writer with two years experience
doesn't usually command $50/hr w/o some great personal advantage, e.g.,
an expert status on the product). I think you probably have gotten good
advice today. Be fair to yourself and work with reputable agencies.

Teresa Wittel
NCS Sr. Information Developer