Re: Read-me appearance in Word THANKS!

Subject: Re: Read-me appearance in Word THANKS!
From: Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:42:07 -0600

Thanks to Jane Bergan, Carol Van Natta, Beth Agnew, Cassie LaBelle and
Stephanie Gibson for their suggestions concerning different line breaks
appearing in a CD-ROM Word read-me file opened on different computers. They
confirmed my suspicion of customized settings (fonts, margins, etc.) and
different printer drivers.

Unfortunately, instead of using an all-purpose ASCII or Notepad-type file,
we've been told to make these Word documents (two versions, PC and Mac) to
match our corporate computer machine/software standards. We settled on a
quick, yet not foolproof, workaround: setting the left and right margins at
1.25 inches, which is about the widest anyone uses usually (the designer
had originally used 3/4-inch margins). Other than tabs, there is no "fancy"
formatting used in this short file, so this should work okay for most of
our users. We hope!

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)285-7563, fax -8545