Re: property sheet -- tab vs. page

Subject: Re: property sheet -- tab vs. page
From: Leslie McKendry-Smith <McKendrySmith -at- MBNET -dot- MB -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:45:07 -0600

Susan:

FWIW, I'm currently writing a user's guide for a database application that
uses tabs to open the application's 20+ windows. Based on the
recommendation in the MS Manual of Style, I've been writing "click the x
tab."

The MS Manual of Style recommends that writers not use the terms "property
sheet" or "property page" for end user documents. They suggest using "tab"
or "dialog box" instead.

Hope this helps.

Leslie McKendry-Smith
mckendry -at- mbnet -dot- mb -dot- ca