Font Tools and Libraries

Subject: Font Tools and Libraries
From: Miark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:11:59 -0600

Now that I know the source of my font problems, can you suggest an easy way
to convert fonts from TT to T1. I've looked at Fontographer, but that would
be overkill. Type-Design 3.1 would be too, but it's less than half the price
so I might go for that. Anybody here ever used it?

I'm also looking for some font libraries recommendations. I've looked at
Adobe's stuff, but the bang:buck ratio doesn't do anything for me. I like
variety, but my needs are not elaborate, so I'm thinking more along the
lines of Expert Software's _2000 Fantastic Fonts_ which includes 2000 T1
fonts for a measly $20.

Pre-thanks,
Mike