Stupid warning

Subject: Stupid warning
From: Alessandro Bottoni <albo -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:42:15 +0100

I received the following "poison in food" message from someone who is
probably using the mail list's user list as a starting point for his/her
shady busynness.

As an (ex) environmental chemist, I think that this message is very suspect
and I suggest you to be extremely careful with this people. Most likely,
they are just tring to get some easy money out from suggestible people.

In detail:
1) There are always several toxic substances in any kind of food, so why
worry about a particular one?
2) The concentration of these toxic substances are always very very small.
There is no reason to worry about them as an imminent threat for you life.
They can cause cancer, though.
3) In any case, there is no known method to "clean" contaminated food. Just
do not eat it.

If you are worried about contaminated food, have a look at a few of the many
web sites that deal with this topic from a scientific point of view.

I hope this will avoid you some trouble