Is there a viewer for .doc files on Solaris?

Subject: Is there a viewer for .doc files on Solaris?
From: Hareesh Kumar K N <hari -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:24:18 +0500

Hi,

We need to view a few .doc files on Solaris.

We tried importing these documents into FrameMaker, but it's not working
fine. While the text is coming out pretty OK, the graphics are not being
reproduced at all. In place of graphics, we get some blank area scattered
with the text used in graphics.

In the case of single page documents, the File->Import->Object option is
working fine. But for multi-page documents, this does not seem to be working.

Is there a way out? Or, is there a viewer available on Solaris to view .doc
files?

I hope someone on the list has an answer for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hari
___________

Hareesh Kumar K N
Executive - Information Development
HCL Consulting Ltd (CISCO ODC)
49-50 Nelson Manickam Road
Madras 600 029
PH:+91 44 481 9939-42 Ext.2231
Fax:+91 44 481 9938
E-mail:hari -at- cisco -dot- com

"Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will
appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it, and above all
accurately so they will be guided by its light."
-- Joseph Pulitzer