ISO9000: what you make is what you claim to make

Subject: ISO9000: what you make is what you claim to make
From: Alessandro Bottoni <albo -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:41:13 +0100

Answering to Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- Com 's last message:

ISO9000 ensures that you produce what you claim to produce.

That is RIGHT.

Now, please, tell me if and when ISO9000 force you to tell your customer
WHAT you want to produce.

Are you, manufacturer, forced to give me a data sheet that describe your
product and tell me the quality level you decided to keep? Have I
(individual customer) access to your product's project and ISO9000 quality
plan?

How can I tell you if your product's features comply with my wish list?
How can I tell you if I'm willing to accept your cost/compromise
manufacturing decisions?

You just put a logo reading something like "Quality" on your box, without
any other warning or explanation. Why should not I be legitimate to read it
as a general claim of "high" quality? Why should I think that my idea of
"high quality" was incorrect? Did you warn me of my "phylosophical"
mistakes?

Are not you, ISO9000 certified company, hiding yourself in a bureaucratic
maze? Do you really think customers will not realize it?

Alessandro Bottoni
Technical writer
Cad.Lab SPA
Via Ronzani 7/29