My Word 97 Upgrade Nightmare

Subject: My Word 97 Upgrade Nightmare
From: Suzy Davis <andavis -at- AU1 -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:45:30 -0500

Hi again
(and sorry if this has already been covered but I can't search the archives
yet).

I upgraded to Word 97 (and no, they won't let me get Framemaker) last week in
the middle of working on a number of urgent docs. So far I have had to battle
my styles constantly re-setting themselves, including my paragraph numbers
deciding on a moment by moment basis as to whether they will restart numbering
or continue.

I'm using templates and I stopped updating styles automatically as this seemed
to be creating the problem.

But no. Now I have just printed out my final draft and in certain parts of the
document it has merged a whole stack of bullet points and headings - for some
reason it has decided to remove paragraph marks. Now some of the list numbers
are skipping numbers, ie 1,3,4,6.

Can anyone help before I lose my mind completely?

Thanks in advance...

Suzy Davis
Technical Writer
Melbourne, Australia