Re: ISO9000 credibility

Subject: Re: ISO9000 credibility
From: "Lenk, D. S. (Don)" <don -dot- lenk -at- LMCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:28:30 -0500

To Arlen a hearty "Amen!" You've answered the "I am an artist"
arguments
against ISO 9000 certification quite nicely. I know because over the
years I've
gone from arguing the artist's viewpoint to being convinced that having
and
following a process is the only way to get it done well, within cost,
and on time.
(Our customers seem to appreciate this.)

As for the software folks who eschew process for art's sake, try getting
SEI
level 4 or 5 certification without having a process and following it.

IMHO, not Lockheed's -- although our site has ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and
SEI-4
certification.

Don
Don Lenk