The sky is falling, and other such gloom and doom (was techwriter...not or something like that.)

Subject: The sky is falling, and other such gloom and doom (was techwriter...not or something like that.)
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:34:17 -0500

Hey, guys...The thread got tiresome after awhile, and I see the trend toward "Look what this guy said" type of response trolling.

Look...if you are so insecure in your value to your company or clients that you believe one, two or three articles are going to eliminate your profession, then maybe it WILL eliminate YOUR profession.

However, those of us that are valued by our clients (we must be, look at the money we're being paid to do something we'd almost do for free (just kidding, boss)), know what we're doing and why we're doing it. You also know if you (and you do know who you are) are producing crap that justifies having a poet rework it, and if clients (you, know...the ones with the money) believes that they got a better product because of it, then HEY...the poet DID a better job than we did. Remember, we're not producing art...we're producing a product for someone that wants to buy the product, and if it isn't the best product in the eyes of the customer, it may be a great product, but it's not the right product.

Let journalists make their money. Can't we just get back to us making ours?

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 908-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for them.