Re: Hiring Scenario

Subject: Re: Hiring Scenario
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:32:30 -0600

People, your posts are preserved for all to see in the archives.
Don't be foolish and write something that could hurt you two years
from now!

By all means! Instead, hide your opinions so that the people who will
really dislike you when they get to know you will hire you (come to work
for you) and make your work life into misery.

Be careful what you post, people. But for a different reason. Make sure
it's what you really think and feel (and not just the fury of the moment,
as John mentioned). (Have I told you I enjoy reading your posts, John?)
People will react to you based on what you post, and inevitably some will
react unfavorably. When they do, it's good to know that you've come by
their animosity honestly, that they're attacking you for what you are
instead of what you aren't.

Hey, if it's my honest opinions that influence a reader to pass me by, then
all that's happened is we've both been spared the hassles involved with
hiring someone (being hired by someone) with whom we wouldn't get along in
the first place. That's a tragedy?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224