Shenanigans at Microsoft

Subject: Shenanigans at Microsoft
From: STaylor <sntaylor -at- STARTEXT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 06:58:32 -0600

At least one of my co-workers discovered that loading IE 4 corrupts many of
the .DLLs that you need to run 16-bit apps, like Word 6. Anyone else had
this problem?

I tried twice to install IE 4, and twice it said: "Install was
unsuccessful. Restart your computer and try again."

So I've not gotten far enough to experience your problem. But I'd be more
interested in know which dlls were overwritten.

Steve Taylor
staylor -at- breakawynet -dot- com
sntaylor -at- arlington -dot- net