Re: Query

Subject: Re: Query
From: "Tahmaseb, Charity (C) (STP)" <charity -dot- tahmaseb -at- GUIDANT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 08:17:28 -0600

I can well believe that Meena's boss argued for hours over this point.
This scenario took me back to my days in the Army (a looong time ago),
when a commander was overheard telling one of his lieutenants,
"Lieutenant, if I tell you the sky is green, then you may say once,
respectfully, 'Sir, the sky is blue.' But if I tell you again the sky
is green, then the sky is green."

For some people the sky will always be green. I keep a copy of "The
Elements of Style," "The Elements of Technical Writing," a grammar book,
and our company style guide on my desk. Helps head off those style
questions before they become long, drawn out arguments (Does the comma
really go here? Is the word "main" capitalized in "Main menu"?).

Hoping your skies are blue.

Charity

Charity Tahmaseb, Technical Writer
Guidant Corporation/CPI