Re[2]: bibliography [Ref:C673998] [Ref:C685916]

Subject: Re[2]: bibliography [Ref:C673998] [Ref:C685916]
From: Geoff King <Geoff -dot- King -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 14:49:03 +0000

Mark, you haven't convinced me. One can put a telephone number in a
citation, for instance, without saying it's a telephone number because we
all know it's a telephone number. One can give an ISBN number in a
citation without explaining what it is. I've never heard anyone complain
that it was unclear.

Online and Internet are both EXPLICITLY given in the address http://www.

It can't be anything else. (Except prolix.)

geoff -dot- king -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com

Subject: Re: bibliography [Ref:C673998] [Ref:C685916]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 12/25/97 1:21 PM

While it is a little redundant, it might be better to stick with the Online,
Internet, etc. stuff. "Online" identifies the kind of source (i.e., not
traditional print) and "Internet" specifies which of many online sources (as
opposed to Dialog, etc.) you have gotten the information from. The http://etc.
is
the specific file, and while the http:// format will not appear anywhere but the
Internet, it might be better to keep the other pieces of information for the sak
of stylistic consistency.

Mark