Re: first day advice

Subject: Re: first day advice
From: Shlomo Ramon <ramsol -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:49:55 +0200

As a defrocked once, upon a time SME converted to TW, (not very
recently), I have found very useful most of the advice proffered to our
new colleague. Of course he will have to adapt it to his context, not
every advice perfect for a culture will transplant well into another.
I was most impressed by Bruce Byfield saying to pay attention and try to
understand the SME, his urges, motivations (or lack od them), in short
be a bit of psychologist on top to being a writer. As an ex, I feel this
is the most important single bit of advice. Good luck and welcome to the
rest of common tzores (translation from Hebrew/Yiddish: troubles)