Re: Need suggestions for resources

Subject: Re: Need suggestions for resources
From: Scott Gray <scotty -at- CM -dot- MATH -dot- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 11:14:17 -0600

It seems that you have missed the point of our "design". We have
created a learning resource that involves and engages students. At our
site you dont' just read about javascript you do it, and experiment with
it. You are right, it is a complicated design that is because it is
not a web PAGE but a web PROGRAM.

Perhaps you should actually try it, and then make your judgement.

http://www.useractive.com/tutorial

My guess is that you didn't actually go through any of the tutorials, but
just stopped by and weren't familiar with the paradiam and left.

Here are some other opinions:
"Hi, Scott!

You're web site is AWESOME. I had been reading books and trying to learn
Javascript on my own without much success. After visiting your site (via
you post to WWWDev) and spending about an hour there I feel I understand
JavaScript better than ever. It is exciting!

Thank-you for doing this.

Cindi"

Your tutorials on HTML and JavaScript are wonderful. I hope you plan on
keeping these up a while as we would love to use them as a resource this
spring. Excellent job. You have a great example of true interactivity
on a web page.

Susan Love

Scott

Scott Mills Gray
scotty -at- cm -dot- math -dot- uiuc -dot- edu
http://www.useractive.com

"I hear and I forget, I see and I forget, I do and I forget" -- confused.