Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 11:54:39 -0800

Would you hire a plumber who only used a snake -- even to fix leaky sinks?
Would you hire an electrician who insisted on using only 220 volt wiring
(even for puny 12 volt things).
Would you hire a auto mechanic who only will work with a metric socket set
(and you have an American car)?

No, so why would you want tech writers that don't have or know all the
tools? I mean the big stuff like Word, PageMaker, and FrameMaker. Nobody
cares if you don't know EsotericMaker version 9.3-B for UNIX or something
equally obscure. But the big stuff - you should know it, use it, and deal
with it.

Professionals are not influenced by tool and technology holy wars.

Andrew Plato
Owner / Principal Consultant
Anitian Technology Services
www.anitian.com