Re: Annoying footer numbering in Word

Subject: Re: Annoying footer numbering in Word
From: "Anderson, Keith" <keith_anderson -at- GOOITECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:35:00 -0600

Nancy:

A tech writing friend of mine and I researched this last week. According
to the MS knowledge base on their Web site, it's an "issue" and they are
looking into it. I just added it the other thousand or so "issues" with
Word 97 they are looking into.

The official Microsoft workaround is to print the document so it will
update all of the field codes at once. Instead, I use an autoexec macro
(which runs every time I open a document based on that template) that
selects everything, updates the field codes, and then does the same
thing for the header and footer.

I would also love to see them fix the sorting order in the style
drop-down list while they're at it.

Keith Anderson
Technical Writer

Gooitech