Re: Frame or Page

Subject: Re: Frame or Page
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 07:50:40 -0500

Buck & Tilly Buchanan wrote:

> I am seeking advice about which software to use to lay out a 12 to
> 16-page tabloid sized newspaper.
>
> We have both FrameMaker 5.1.2 and PageMaker and would appreciate any
> input about which would be best to use.
>
> Tia
> --
>
> Buck Buchanan

Buck,

PageMaker would be my tool of choice for a newspaper. It is so much
easier to lay out individual stories and place graphics or photos where
you want them. Not to mention the ability to drag things off to the
pasteboard temporarily.

If you are new to PageMaker, I would get someone with some experience to
show you some tips and trick. Even a couple hours of training will be a
big benefit. It is a very different animal compared to Frame or Word.
--
Tom Johnson
Technical Writer

business mailto:johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
personal mailto:tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com
My opinions are still my own.