[no subject]

From: Susan Vineyard <VINEYSX -at- MAPCOINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:30:10 -0600

Thank you all for your input on "you" vs. "the user." I will use your
feedback to make a point. We do use the imperative, but it has been paired
with "the user" rather that "you." I also rushed out and purchased the MS
Style Manual as soon as I read about it. I didn't know it existed. I am a
Ph. D. student of Technical Writing and a tech writing instructor, as well
as an employee working on a project with a non-technical writing trained
RoboHelp expert (my first on-line help project), and I feel I need back-up
to make a point. You've really helped.

My question # 3 about previous documentation wasn't very clear, so here
goes. The company I'm working for is going though some major changes, so
"Change management" is a big topic. It seems to me that some of the same
techniques that are used to help people adjust to corporate change might be
well employed helping them adjust to new software. Whaddya think?