Re: PageMaker help

Subject: Re: PageMaker help
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:47:37 -0600

In our previous episode, John Prince said:

> I created a few graphics of dialog boxes in PageMaker 6.5 - and I'm
> having problems inserting them into a Word document.
>
> My first thought was to simply copy and paste the graphics into Word -
> but it didn't work.

Nope, it doesn't. At least it didn't in PM 6.0, which was the last
version I used. You're not doing anything wrong, other than trying to
use PM in a manner it doesn't support.

The time that I _absolutely_ had to do this, I used the "export as
PostScript graphic" option. This saved the entire page as an EPS
file. I had to shrink the size of the page before saving, or crop the
graphic afterwards. The latter was a bit tricky, because the graphic
didn't have a bitmap header, only a file name and date. It then
printed fine -- as long as I was printing to a PostScript printer.

Good luck.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The pantry seems entirely full of Woodvilles
And Clarence has drunk two-thirds of the cellar
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford