Why should I fill this out?

Subject: Why should I fill this out?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:07:31 -0600

In our previous episode, Marcus Bradley said:
> To all Technical Communicators at TECHWR-L
>
> Attached you will find a questionnaire regarding The Role of Technical
> Communicators in the Design and Production of Internet WWW sites.
>
> I require this information for a dissertation in Technical Communication
> at Coventry University UK.
>
> The attachment is in plain text form called Quest.txt, and so should be
> readable on most platforms. I would be grateful if you would complete
> and return it to the mdb3 -at- netcomuk -dot- co -dot- uk
>
> Note: Only reply direct to my e-mail address, not to TECHWR-L.

What ever happened to "please"? "I require" just isn't high on my
list of inducements to fill out Yet Another Questionnaire.

I'd suggest you review your procedures for interviewing SMEs (subject
matter experts) before you try this sort of thing again.

> Grateful thanks to all who respond.

I'll pass, thank you.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The pantry seems entirely full of Woodvilles
And Clarence has drunk two-thirds of the cellar
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford