Re: Question: free-lancing

Subject: Re: Question: free-lancing
From: Shorter Rankin <srank -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 10:24:33 +0800

Hi Christina,

You should get a copy of Peter Kent's new book, "Making
Money in Technical Writing: turn your writing skills into
$100,000 a year", ISBN 0-02-861883-1, 1997, Macmillan.

Kent tells one how to get started, how to work through
agencies, how to obtain contracts, how to go out on your
own, and how to market your services. His book also
discusses income tax, insurance, benefits issues at a
professional level and he provides sources for further
help in these areas. In short, highly recommended.

Good luck,

Shorter Rankin
Sacramento, CA
mailto:srank -at- pacbell -dot- net