Re: Reliability of Shareware

Subject: Re: Reliability of Shareware
From: "Blankenship, Larry" <BLANKLAR -at- GATEWAY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 13:22:39 -0600

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD1B6F.718B0D20

Hopefully this won't come off as a "me to" response, but I had to reply
regarding Paint Shop Pro vs. HiJaak.

I purchased HiJaak and had no end of trouble getting it to work
properly. The other problem I had is that it seemed to dither almost
everything. This could have something to do with my video card or the
convoluted mess of drivers that Win95 uses, but I had much better luck
with Paint Shop Pro.

At first, I only used it for doing screen captures and so forth, but
have learned to do a lot more. For the Web (the primary medium I work
in), I think this tool is indispensable. The other thing that I like
are the number of free filters you can download for it. It also accepts
Photoshop filters, which means you can get very creative.

Admittedly, this introduces the problem of creative excess, but I
suspect most people overcame that urge pretty early in their careers.

Some sites for Paint Shop Pro help:

http://www.webweaverxxi.com/psp40/
http://www.pspro.ml.org/
http://whdesign.com/photoshop/PSPTIPS.html
http://wctravel.com/web/

JASC's site:
http://www.jasc.com/psp.html

Larry Blankenship
Assoc. Business Analyst
Gateway 2000
Information Technology
605-232-2000 Ext. 26917
A positive attitude won't solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth your while.

All opinions expressed are solely my own, and are not necessarily shared
or endorsed by my employer or anyone else, for that matter.

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD1B6F.718B0D20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1458.49">

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hopefully this won't come off as a &quot;me to&quot; =
response, but I had to reply regarding Paint Shop Pro vs. =
HiJaak.&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I purchased HiJaak and had no end of trouble getting =
it to work properly.&nbsp; The other problem I had is that it seemed to =
dither almost everything.&nbsp; This could have something to do with my =
video card or the convoluted mess of drivers that Win95 uses, but I had =
much better luck with Paint Shop Pro.&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<BR>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>At first, I only used it for doing screen captures =
and so forth, but have learned to do a lot more.&nbsp; For the Web (the =
primary medium I work in), I think this tool is indispensable.&nbsp; =
The other thing that I like are the number of free filters you can =
download for it.&nbsp; It also accepts Photoshop filters, which means =
you can get very creative. </FONT></P>
<BR>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Admittedly, this introduces the problem of creative =
excess, but I suspect most people overcame that urge pretty early in =
their careers.</FONT></P>
<BR>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Some sites for Paint Shop Pro help:</FONT>
<BR>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.webweaverxxi.com/psp40/"; =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.webweaverxxi.com/psp40/</A></FONT></U>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.pspro.ml.org/"; =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.pspro.ml.org/</A></FONT></U>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://whdesign.com/photoshop/PSPTIPS.html"; =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://whdesign.com/photoshop/PSPTIPS.html</A></FONT><=
/U>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://wctravel.com/web/"; =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://wctravel.com/web/</A></FONT></U>
<BR>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>JASC's site:</FONT>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.jasc.com/psp.html"; =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.jasc.com/psp.html</A></FONT></U>
<BR>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Larry Blankenship</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Assoc. Business Analyst</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gateway 2000</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Information Technology</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>605-232-2000 Ext. 26917</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">------------------------------------------------------</FONT>
<BR><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">A positive attitude won't =
solve all your problems,</FONT></I></B>
<BR><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">but it will annoy enough =
people to make it worth your while.</FONT></I></B>
<BR>
<BR><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">All opinions expressed =
are solely my own, and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by my =
employer or anyone else, for that matter.</FONT></I></B><I></I></P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------ =_NextPart_001_01BD1B6F.718B0D20--