Collecting Doc Plans, Part II

Subject: Collecting Doc Plans, Part II
From: Garret Romaine <garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:00:15 -0800

I want to thank those of you who took some time to forward their plans
to me. I really appreciate these examples of knowledge-sharing and
"giving back". I now have a start at a complete spectrum of plans to
offer as examples in my class. While the Hackos book is great, it is a
bit "ivory tower". I think using a few real-world examples to augment
Hackos will make sure that the students aren't just wallowing in some
make-believe academic exercise.

I have cleared out some space on my Chapter's web page to showcase a few
of the more informative and easily unidentifiable plans. It will take
some time, so I'll be sure to post a quick announcement when it's
complete. My goal here is not to give away intellectual property,
divulge trade secrets, or show the enemy the Big Board. I just want to
get more of us used to seeing what a good plan looks like.

Garret Romaine
President, Willamette Valley Chapter
http://www.teleport.com/~stcwvc