Re: The Best Portfolio...

Subject: Re: The Best Portfolio...
From: Garret Romaine <garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:05:15 -0800

While this thread is still alive, I've got to toss this out...

This month's Program meeting for the Willamette Valley Chapter of the
STC was all about portfolios. We brought in Lance Gelein, current 2nd VP
of the Society, for a superb 90-minute 'show.' Lance taught about 60 of
us how to evaluate a good portfolio, how to organize it, how to show it
off...and he was truly great. He's an excellent speaker, full of asides
and commentary, with a lot of wonderful stories to help make his points.
He did pick on a few "volunteers" from the audience who bravely brought
their own samples in, but he did it gently.

If your chapter can talk him into it, I'd definitely recommend spending
the money to fly him in. Of course, we had an ace in the hole -- it's
easy for us to lure him up to Portland, Oregon, as one of his favorite
restaurants is here.

Garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- tek -dot- com