Re: Information

Subject: Re: Information
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:39:59 -0500

At 10:16 AM 1/8/98 +0530, Meena Suhale wrote:

>I am trying to contact organizations in USA and Canada who either =
>provide
>contract tech. writing services or place tech. writers in permanent or
>consulting positions. I am a post graduate in Eng Lit with 8 years of =
>tech writing experience and interested in relocating. Any info in this =
>regard is appreciated.=20

If I understand your question correctly, there are plenty of these
companies in NYC; I couldn't begin to list them. You might check out the
Sunday NY Times help wanted section, esp. under something like "Data" and
"Computers"--leaf through the headings. Many places that advertise for,
say, programmers, will also handle tech writers, so don't go by the ad
content. (When I lived in the Boston area, the Globe help wanted was a
similar if less voluminous source.) From time to time in NYC I do a mass
e-mailing/faxing to these places of my updated resume, and I always get a
fair number of responses (I have considerable experience, which may help
explain that). From time to time I've run into agencies which seek to take
me on as a permanent employee who goes out as their consultant. I've also
found some job fairs useful for contacting such companies.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
Web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
E-mail: nwu -at- nwu -dot- org