Re[2]: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...

Subject: Re[2]: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:25:05 -0600

This guy must have been the CEO of Utopia Incorporated on Mars,
because this kind of "bribery", if we really need to use that word,
is
practiced by every other person I have ever met.

I know many companies, large ones and even on this planet as well, that
adhere to strict guidelines like that. If you take the rep out to lunch,
it's in the company cafeteriea.

Doing favors, or collecting debts, as they say, is how things get
done...

And because everyone does it, that makes it right? I could never get my
mother to buy that one.

Listen our not liking a company guideline doesn't make it wrong. There's a
lot to be said for it, and you don't know the history behind it. Perhaps
some past employee abused a mor eopen policy and committed the company to
an unsound business decision because he was fond of the "perks" that went
along with it.

I should probably mention that I'm from Chicago, where bribery isn't
just unethical, it's a constitutional right.

Sign over a Chicago polling place, "Vote Early, Vote Often." ;{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224