Re: Zip Drive

Subject: Re: Zip Drive
From: "Documentation Dept." <docdept -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 06:14:01 -0800

I bought a Zip drive when I went back to school (continuing career ed
- multimedia) on the recommendation of fellow students. I discovered
that Zips are absolutely invaluable. I've used mine to:

- transfer large files between non-networked computers,

- backup personal and professional files, and

- run programs that would not load onto my overstuffed hard drive.

Programs running from a Zip drive are slow at best, but when I was in
school it was much easier to pay for the student software and a new
cartridge than it was to pay for an upgraded computer.

Now that I have the upgrade, I still use my Zip to archive messages
from listservs, store programs I don't use often, and back up my
computers. I recommended that the office buy Zips right before we
relocated, to doubly ensure the safety of our data in case the movers
did something like drop a computer.

Nea Dodson
The account is my company's, the opinions are my own

==
DocDept -at- yahoo -dot- com
Computer Based Systems, Inc.
EPA/EPCRA
The opinions expressed are mine only, and do not
necessarily reflect those of CBSI or EPA/EPCRA