TW blurb

Subject: TW blurb
From: "Jody R. Lorig" <jlorig -at- KAVOURAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:56:02 +0000

Gina

When you start to list the types of documentation you will be
delivering, you also need to address the methodology necessary for
the final delivery. You must address how the document is to be
delivered. Will the TW be responsible for providing printed manuals
or as camera-ready copy for in-house printing or delivery to a
vendor to provide final copy. If delivery to a vendor is required,
who is going to be responsible for deteriming which vendor to use,
who will verify the finished quality of the printed materials, and
who has the authority to approve the quanitity and quoted price per
item?

The same issues as for printed materials will arise for electronic
distribution. You must consider what media will be used, who will
produce it, what (and the appearance of) the delivery container (CD
case, diskette labels, or sleeves in the manual) will be.

If translation will be provided for your products, who will
deterimine where the work will be done, who is responsible for
locating a translator, establishing delivery schedule, etc.?

If you don't address these issues now, you may find yourself
becoming the printer and bindery of your documentation. Believe me,
if you don't bring these up, upper management usually has no
idea what is required in getting deliverable materials.

Jody Lorig
Kavouras Inc.