Re: QUESTION: User, User's, Users'??

Subject: Re: QUESTION: User, User's, Users'??
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:02:52 -0600

I usually consider User an adjective rather than a possessive...thus
User Guide, like horse shoe, book cover, car manual, etc. I really think
it's personal preference, though, and as you say....consistency is the
key. I use the word Help to apply only to Online Help (and usually use
both words, both with initial caps).

FWIW,

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,