PageMaker Cross References

Subject: PageMaker Cross References
From: STaylor <sntaylor -at- STARTEXT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:01:32 -0600

We work with PageMaker 6.5/WindowsNT to create user manuals. Each
chapter of the manual is a "book." We would like to automatically
cross reference information between chapters, but it seems PageMaker
can create automatic cross references only in the index.

Does anyone know of a plugin that we could buy that would enable us
to make automatic cross references?

TIA
Kate Kane

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cross reference, outside of a index,
other than a reference. If you mean a hypertext link, you can create them
in PageMaker, but (from memory, and not referring to the manual) they only
become active in pdf or html files. Word is much better at this.

Steve Taylor
sntaylor -at- arlington -dot- net
Steve Taylor
Breakaway International