Screen Captures

Subject: Screen Captures
From: STaylor <sntaylor -at- STARTEXT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 14:41:28 -0600

Diane,

Don't know about any web sites, but here's my observations:

Alt+PrintScrn works fine if you want low-res images. I convert a lot of
mine (DOS screens) to B&W and it works fine. I have many times used this
for general screen shots, and have had good luck. However, I'm never happy
with the way Word uses graphics, so I place my art into PageMaker. I get
much better results that way.

I used to use other "higher-end" capture programs, but think I'd only go
back if I was reproducing my manuals with color. Then I might use
CorelCapture or try something else. It would be trial and error till I got
the best result that I could.

But Alt+PrintScrn works for me 99 percent of the time.

To All Screen-Capture Gurus:

Presently, I capture windows using the PrintScrn and Alt+PrintScrn
method (in Win 3.11 and WinNT 4.0), paste the images into Paintbrush,
and save them as *.bmp. I bring these images into Word for the user's
guide.

This method works fine for me, so I'm wondering what advantages, if
any, are there in using screen capture applications such as Hijaak?

Is there a site on the web that compares & contrasts different screen
capturing methods?

Thanks!

Steve Taylor
Breakaway International