User Interface Specifications

Subject: User Interface Specifications
From: Kylie Bansemer <kylie -at- QITS -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:36:08 +1000

Hello all

I am the sole help author and user interface designer in a government
department which develops systems to control traffic.

The process of designing and reviewing the interface is paper-based. I
develop mock screens using Visual Basic and paste them into a document
which is reviewed mostly by management, and sometimes by the client.

What I really need to know the best way to organise the document. For
example, to illustrate the navigation between forms, do I use the
screenshots with arrows indicating the button which displays the screen,
or is a simple flowchart enough? How do I show that the principles of
UI design have been met? Any sample files, templates, tips would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA

Kylie Bansemer
Mailto:kylie -at- qits -dot- net -dot- au