Re: Question: Usability

Subject: Re: Question: Usability
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:10:52 -0500

>My initial thought was to somehow set apart the technical notes
>(different font, icons, sidebars, text boxes, etc.) but keep it
>integrated organizationally with the user stuff. It seems like I've
seen
>this done somewhere....

I've seen it done with subtle color (of the entire section or page),
so that the user who doesn't want the very technical stuff doesn't
have to even read a single word of it, as in, "The blue pages contain
....."

Bonnie Granat Technical Writing, Editing, & Consulting
http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/b/bgranat