Re: HELP: Printing Word in Letter layout onto Tabloid?

Subject: Re: HELP: Printing Word in Letter layout onto Tabloid?
From: Paula Puffer <papuffer -at- SWBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:48:07 -0600

and Scott Wrote:

>The document did have to be printed as an original for distribution.
>This is a low-budget newsletter and it contains some scanned photos, so
>doing a manual cut and paste followed by photocopying loses too much
>image quality.

Scott,

I produced a newsletter for a group last spring using 11X17 Paper with the
same scenario you described (except I could use pagemaker). You said the
photos were scanned so could you bring them into word by using frames to
anchor them in the text?? That would at least allow you to do the paste up
without having the picture quality suffer. Then print the news letter as
four separate pages and paste them onto 11X17 pages like Beth suggested. Use
the 3-M Post it correction tape to hide the seam in the gutter ( a neat
little trick my friendly copy shop lady taught me) and it'll help the
paste-up go through the copy machine better.

Paula