Re: Win-Mac Online Help Development Tools

Subject: Re: Win-Mac Online Help Development Tools
From: Kathryn J Acciari <acciari -at- ACSU -dot- BUFFALO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:10:32 -0500

Tony,

ForeHelp may be the product you are looking for. (I'm not sure if
RoboHelp works on Mac.) We use ForeHelp for our cross-platform apps here
at the Univ at Buffalo. It's very easy to learn, perhaps not as
sophisticated as RoboHelp, but it definitely does convert for the Mac.

I write and compile the help file in Windows, pass it on to the engineers
as a .hlp file, and they build it into the app. When they do the
converstion of the application to Mac, the help file gets included.

Kathryn J Acciari Technical Writer/Communicator
Buffalo, New York
acciari -at- acsu -dot- buffalo -dot- edu