Writing samples: what to look for

Subject: Writing samples: what to look for
From: Rebecca Rachmany <purple -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:37:41 +0200

Hi Techwhirlers:

I am writing an article for my company newsletter about what to look for in
writing samples when interviewing technical writers. (The newsletter is
distributed to our customers and can also be viewed at our web site.)

I have a lot of good ideas about what to write, but I can always use more
input. What do you look for when you review portfolios of job candidates?
What things are musts and what are nice-to-haves? What makes alarms go off
immediately to tell you someone is not qualified?

Rebecca Rachmany
General Manager
TECH-TAV technical and end-user documentation
P.O. Box 2419, Tel Aviv 61024
purple -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il
http://www.tech-tav.com