TECH: "Out of memory" error when printing to PDF

Subject: TECH: "Out of memory" error when printing to PDF
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:35:36 -0500

As usual, I am turning to my more learned colleagues for help. I have
searched the list archives for help, with little success.

I am trying to print a Word 97 document (.doc) to Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
on my NT 4.0 machine. I had no problems with this operation when I had a
Win95 box, but NT has proven to be a massive can of worms. I have 64Mb
RAM with Distiller Assistant, Telnet, Outlook, and Word open. When I
load my document into Word and choose the "Acrobat PDF Writer" Printer,
I get an "Out of memory" error message and the print operation is
cancelled. I saved the Word document to .RTF format and imported it into
Frame 5.5 and got the same result. The difference was that with
FrameMaker, I got multiple error messages, but the PDF file was created
(looked fine upon cursory inspection).

Has anyone else been subjected to this? How can I solve the "Out of
memory" error? The NT build I am using indicates it is current to
Service Pack 3.

Thanks for your help,

Paul
Paul Branchaud Technical Writer
pbranchaud -at- utsoft -dot- com UtiliSoft Inc.
(514) 747-1400 Ext. 211 555, Dr. Frederik-Philips, Suite 210
ICQ: 4161320 Saint-Laurent, QC Canada H4M 2X4
"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes..."