Re: question: intranet

Subject: Re: question: intranet
From: "KAHN, DEBRA" <DEBRAK -at- FTC1 -dot- AEI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:52:10 -0600

Hi all,
I have also been charged with setting up a plan for placing new and legacy
manuals on an intranet. New manuals are in Frame 5.1. Old manuals are in
Ventura 4.2. We have a copy of Adobe Acrobat (Distiller) and are getting a
copy of FrontPage. We run WindowsNT on Pentium PC connected to a network
server. We will have a separate server for the Intranet. I'm new to the
concept of Intranets. If anyone has specific suggestions or a list of
resources to recommend, I would be extremely grateful. You could e-mail me
and cc Mary (so that Mary could have the info. also for her summary).

Thanks in advance (slight pun),
Deb Kahn
Senior Technical Writer
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
debrak -at- ftc1 -dot- aei -dot- com
----------
From: DURL
Subject: question: intranet
Date: Monday, January 12, 1998 12:45PM

If you've set up an intranet that provides on-line procedure
manuals, or used an intranet to support your on-line procedure manuals,
could you please let me know:
* tools (authoring software)
* insight on access issues
* hardware concerns to watch out for

Please note that I'm making a distinction between software on-line
help and on-line manuals for plant processes. (I'm interestsed in the
latter.)
I'll summarize and post any responses.
Thanks,
Mary