Re: SDK references?

Subject: Re: SDK references?
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:25:50 -0600

Sella,

I wrote documentation for an SDK. After discussing with the engineer,
we decided to do it entirely in Robohelp (no paper docs) and
distribute on disk--which is how a lot of SDK documentation is done
(not necessarily on Robohelp, but as electronic docs).

Keep in mind that your main audience in this case will be programmers!
Thus, if the programmers think it is fine, it may just be fine--even
if you don't quite get it. What I did with mine was to take the source
docs, rewrite a bit, and organize it in a way that seemed logical for
an on-line doc. Then I just ran it by some developers to make sure
they could access anything they needed. It seemed to work well, and I
was asked to continue working on it as a contractor when I left that
job.

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com