Re: Random palette colours : Java applet captures

Subject: Re: Random palette colours : Java applet captures
From: David Slonosky <David -dot- Slonosky -at- ITLS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:34:11 -0500

On January 19, 1998 4:16 PM, David Slonosky [SMTP:David -dot- Slonosky -at- ITLS -dot- COM]
wrote:
> When I do screen captures from a Netscape Java applet window, it seems
> like the captured image appears in a random palette between captures.
> I've
> tried reducing the input colours to 16, but that hasn't helped. Does
> anyone have any suggestions as to what makes a Java applet window
> different from other windows?

Well, if one sets one's system display to 16 color (high bit), then the
problem goes away. It's still annoying, though. I've gotten spoiled to
higher resolution screens. I suspect the problem has something to do with
the way in which the Java window presents itself to the system in terms of
its palette, but it would take too long to figure it out...