Re: Converting Ventura files. Re: Intranets

Subject: Re: Converting Ventura files. Re: Intranets
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:49:47 -0800

The Ventura on my machine converts its coded files to html VERY nicely
- including graphics - but there IS one /minor/ problem. Ventura
converts frame-by-frame and then gives each converted frame a
generated [number].htm filename. If you are /frameless/ (save for
graphics), it should do a grand job ... even did a nice job on a
simple two-column table. (I was impressed, as you may surmise.)

I have FrameMaker 5.5 on order and I hope it does as well converting
files to html.

As far as Adobe Acrobat *.PDF; Corel sets up Ventura to generate a
pre-Distiller *.PRN file. How well that works with Acrobat I don't
know.

BTW, Lisa, Ventura HAS changed a lot since it was VP.

---Lisa Higgins <lisarea -at- DRUAK -dot- DR -dot- LUCENT -dot- COM> wrote:

> I haven't used Ventura for years, but as I recall, it's a markup
> language. It should be trivial to write (or get) a simple conversion
> filter to convert the Ventura files to HTML. You could even open the
> files in any text editor, search for the Ventura tags, and replace
> them with corresponding HTML tags.
>
> Unless Ventura's changed wildly since I last used it.
>

> > Becky responded:
> > >
> > (snip)
> > >The Ventura files present a different set of challenges. If
> > >you can convert Ventura to WORD, you can go from WORD to HTML. I
> > >haven't used Ventura, so I don't know what success you will have
there.
> > (snip)
> >
> > Debra, if you've got Distiller, you can easily convert your
Ventura 4.2
> > files to PDF format. Just print them to a postscript file, then use
> > Distiller to convert the file to PDF. I've done it many times with
no
> > problem. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions on
doing
> > this.
> >
> > Cindy
> > cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com
> >

> > Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html,

http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html,

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(R. Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])