A friend is seeking help on relocating to Boston

Subject: A friend is seeking help on relocating to Boston
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:37:37 -0600

An old friend (duration of acquaintance, not age!) is
planning to relocate to Boston in search of a job in the
carefree world of techwhirling. Can anyone provide
appropriate contact information or job leads to help her in
her job search? Please reply to her (at
tamar-kaplan -at- uiowa -dot- edu), not to me. Here's the reader's
version digest of her C.V.:
********
I have a PhD in linguistics, with 4+ years of research,
writing, teaching and administrative experience, as well as
extensive secondary expertise in technical support and
database management. My accomplishments in writing include
publications in scholarly books and journals, membership on
the review board of a major second-language acquisition
journal, and task-oriented documentation in a business
environment. My technical skills include Microsoft Word,
WordPerfect, Excel and PowerPoint, and working knowledge of
the IBM AS/400, IBM System/34, HP3000, VMS and UNIX.
****
Tami will be available for work as of June 8, and will be
in the Boston area the week of March 16 to talk with
prospective employers. Thanks in advance for any leads you
can turn up.