QUESTION: Frontpage template woes

Subject: QUESTION: Frontpage template woes
From: "Megan E. McMacken" <megan -dot- mcmacken -at- FANUCROBOTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:24:44 -0500

I have a question about FrontPage that none of my coworkers can answer since
they haven't had much experience with the program. Perhaps some of you can
help me out.

I'm trying to create a frames template. I have three frames: two next to
each other across the top and one below those two. I haven't had any
trouble creating a template of the frames page that gives all of my frames
pages consistent col and row widths and all of that, but here's my problem:

I want to put several <meta> and <style> tags in each of the three files
within the frames page and save the whole thing as a template. That way,
when I create a new frames page from the template, the <meta> tags and
keywords and descriptions to the "content" attribute in some of them.

To do this, I tried creating three files called Page1, Page2, and Page3. I
put the proper <meta> and <style> tags in each of these files and then
created a frames page. For each of the three frames, I chose "Set Initial
Page" and chose Page1, Page2, and Page3 respectively. Then I tried saving
that whole conglomeration as a template. FrontPage didn't like that and it
threw out Page1, Page2, and Page3 when it saved the template. I'm back to
having a template of only the frames page with its three empty frames.

Any ideas how I can do what I'm trying to do? I tried to find a way to
apply a template to existing pages (open my frames page template, create
three new pages, and apply a template to each of them), but I don't think
FrontPage will let me do that either. I'd rather not have to manually enter
the <meta> and <style> tags in hundreds of HTML files if I can avoid it.

Please reply off the list.

Thanks,
Megan McMacken

Megan E. McMacken
Electronic Documentation
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
email: megan -dot- mcmacken -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com